1993 Honda Civic clutch foot pedal has little pressor

Page 2 of 2

D'oh!
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Synthetic is DOT5? huh? Is it that bad that companies just put anything on the bottle just to sell it? [scratches ones head, and thinks geez, well maybe]
I bought the Prestone Synthetic Dot 4, but it reads will work perfect with all dot 3 and dot 4. I bought it because it will work at the highest temperature (500F), and it gets so damn hot here and humit that I figured it maybe a good idea to get it. It's clear like water.
Add pictures here
âś–

No. It's been clarified that SILICONE fluid is DOT5.
DOT 5.1, confusingly, reverts to ether/glycol, though.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
mopa wrote:

i don't think there's any such thing as a "synthetic" brake fluid. i know people sell the stuff with "that word" on the bottle, but since glycol-ethers have to be synthesized anyway, i don't understand why they're not /all/ "synthetic". personally, i'd avoid the hype, return it and just get ordinary dot3.
Add pictures here
âś–