1993 Prelude fuel economy problems

I started having this problem quite a while ago. Now, since it got cold outside it became even worse. I am getting at least 30% drop in my MPG. On average I got about 24 MPG during normal highway and city driving.
Now i get about 17 MPG. Recently I did full maintance on it. I have changed timing belt, spark plugs, wires etc. I have not noticed any changes in the fuel economy before and after my car got repaired. My check engine light is off. In the morning car starts normally.
What should I check? Please advise. Thanks
1993 Prelude 4WS 2.3L engine 175K miles manual
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you're in Alaska, it might be normal. Are you warming it up according to the owner's manual?
'Curly'
I am in VA. Every morning I warm up my car for about 2-3 min and then drive slowly until engine reaches the normal temperature.

Consider everything listed at http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id11.html
Take seriously the counsel to use OEM for certain parts.
I'd probably replace the PCV valve first.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Air filter?

Fuel mileage typically drops in winter temps. Northern gas stations change their fuel mixtures in winter,too.
are you keeping your tires inflated properly?
you could also need a tranny fluid replacement. Are you using the right engine oil grade? like a 5W30 if that's what's called for for your model.
maybe a lazy O2 sensor? they can get "lazy" and not trigger a "check engine" light. They supposedly are only good for around 60-100K miles. OEM sensors are best.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

in