1994 Accord D4 light flashing code 18

I have a 1994 Honda Accord, 4 Cyl VTEC Auto trans, 210,000 miles. Today was the first time this happened, but I just bought the car last weekend. Replaced plugs, wires, and checked the Trans fluid. The D4 light is flashing an 18 code. It doesn?t do it all the time, but today when I started it up to go home from work, I put the car in gear and noticed reduced power; I then noticed the D4 light flashing. I pulled over after a few miles and turned the car off and when I restarted the D4 light was not flashing anymore and the car ran fine. The speedometer works intermittenly also.

I have also had two instances where the car would not start back up right after turning it off. It just turned over. After waiting a few minuets the car started right up. I don't think the two instances are related, just thought I would throw it out there.

Reply to
Steve E via CarKB.com

Steve E via CarKB.com

Do a search on google groups for main relay honda, or look in tegger's faq. . . You need to resolder or replace your main relay. You should also drain and refill your tranny with Honda Z1. Do it twice. Some fool may have used non-Honda fluid in there. Who knows where it's been?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'