1995 accord Thermostat

I have a 1995 EX accord 4 drs 90,000 miles. Last week I brought a thermostat from NAPA and installed it . while the engine running the temp. needle move to a hot area within 15 minutes of
driving. I know something are not right, I don't know if Napa gave me the correct thermostat . does anyone know the correct thermostat for accord? The internet parts store listed the temperature as 78c/172f is these correct? I know the dealer only have one type but I already brought it from Napa and they guarantee for replacement. and they have three deferent type of thermostat. Thanks for all your help.
John
get your money back from NAPA and buy one from honda. also ensure you are putting the thermostat in the correct way, ie not backwards.
JC wrote:

JC wrote:

Personally, I'd go with an OEM Honda part.
Did you replace your thermostat because your car was overheating? Or did it start overheating when you replaced the thermostat?
Did you burp the cooling system correctly when you replaced the thermostat? It could be that you have an air bubble in the system and it isn't circulating correctly now. Not sure on your year, but most Hondas have an air bleed valve on the thermostat housing that allows the air to escape. If your car does not have that, open the radiator cap, start the car, rev the engine some and wait for the coolant to drop. When it drops, add more coolant. Eventually, you'll hear a burp indicating that the air bubble has left the building :) Of course, when your engine overheats while doing this procedure, you stop the engine and allow it to cool again -- you don't want to overheat it as that can do damage.
Hope that helps. Remco
Remco

NO! It should be a 194 (90C).

Throw that one in the garbage and get a real one from the dealer. It's $20.
And make certain you install it the correct way up.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

When I replaced the TS in my 94 Integra GSR,I bought a real OEM Acura TS,and it's rated at 195 degF.That's what the Haynes manual specifies. (it does not take very long to warm up to temp,either.)
At PepBoys,the recommended replacements (aftermarket parts)were all 180 degF thermostats. Check a service manual to find the correct temp TS rating.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik