1995 Honda Accord boils over

I don't think they can inhibit air flow that way because the air pressure against the blade is what flexes them "flatter." At least in theory, they should still be pushing air.

To each their own.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

You're right about the change in air speed and that the ideal pitch should vary along the blades like the pitch on an airplane propellor or a ship "screw." This isn't rocket science, though, it's just a radiator fan they are trying to improve a bit. Regular fans work and these fans work. Take your choice (I think you already did!)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Nope, the higher the RPM, the greater deflection of air, almost like having a circle of plywood right in back of the radiator.... So much so, it could become a negative factor at higher rpms. "Silence" has a price...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire