1996 Accord Radiator Fan Replacement Procedure?

Hi,
I have a 1996 Accord LX 4 Cylinder which has been overheating in stop and go driving over the last week. The issue appears to be caused by the fact that the radiator (passenger side) fan is not turning on even
if the A/C is turned on. The A/C condenser fan on the drivers side is working properly. I swapped the cooling fan relay with the power window relay to rule out a bad relay. I then jumped the connector on the fan control switch at the thermostat housing. I could hear the relay activate and also could hear the fan motor attempting to start but the fan never turned. The weather here has been warm enough that the fan should be triggered. So my guess is that the radiator fan motor is dead.
Now I've seen aftermarket replacement units online for $50 or less with complete shroud housing, motor, and fan blade. But how difficult is it to replace this fan? Are there any DIYs out there? Specifically does the radiator itself need to be removed? I see the two bolts on the top holding the fan housing in place. Are there also bolts on the bottom? And my biggest concern is can the fan clear the A/C tube during removal?
Just trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into on this one :)
Thanks in advance!

OEM fan motors are awfully expensive ($400 for my car) and very rarely fail.
Before you condemn the fan motor, try feeding battery voltage directly to the motor, bypassing the relay entirely. Provide your own ground as well, to make sure that's sound.
--
Tegger