1996 Del Sol wont turn over when trying to start

I tried to start my car and it didnít even turn over. I replaced the battery, had the alternator and starter checked, and checked all of my fuses. Still couldnít get it to crank at all. My lights worked when I
placed the key to the on position but that was it. It just wouldnít turn over. Any ideas would be grateful!!!!!
‚úĖ

possible bad ignition switch?
or possible bad starter solenoid.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
zenux3232 wrote:

============================= Just tap the starter with a hammer and it will start. When the brushes get worn down (or commutator is burnt) the solenoid can't get a ground so it won't even make a big CLICK. Once you get it going, plan to get the starter overhauled with new brushes or swapped.
Guessing your DelSol has high mileage?
'Curly'
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

the solenoid contacts can also erode and not make contact,thus a click but no crank.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

==============================Yes, good point for diagnostic purposes.
'Curly'
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
motsco_ wrote:

I had a '76 Civic where I whacked the starter with a jack handle for nearly a year before I broke down and had the thing rebuilt... <G>
JT
Add pictures here
‚úĖ