1996 Honda Accord Air Conditioning Not working

Car has never had an air conditioning problem. However, 2 days ago after going through a car wash, I turned the A/C on and it failed to blow cold air. When I turn on the A/C light, the green light over the A/C goes on, and uncooled air blows. I noticed that the car does not labor as it normally does when the A/C is engaged. Also, after checking someone else's post, I checked to see if the radiator fans were on--they were not. Are they supposed to be on? Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Reply to
dto67

There's an electric clutch that engages the air conditioning pump. It's possible you damaged/shorted something with the wash. After that look for refrigerant loss, etc.

Reply to
JeB

yes the electric fans are supposed to engage with the A/C on. You have to "have" air across the condensor for the air condentioning to work.

you may just have a loose wire / connection. I would make sure the fans are working otherwise, not only when the A/C is on, or you are going to have over-heating problems.

Reply to
Elbert