1996 Honda Civic Exhaust

My son has a 1996 Honda Civic CX hatchback. He purchased an aftermarket exhaust system to replace the entire system from the header all the way back. The exhaust header has a two bolt flange on it. The corresponding piece of the replacement exhaust system has a three hole flange and cannot be connected. It also appears that the replacement system is about 6" too short. The system came from eBAY from a store called Speedneedz (or something like that). Has anyone come across this type of problem? To me it seems that all that is needed is a transition piece to from from the two hole flange on the header to the three hole flange on the exhaust pipe. What's annoying is that this is supposed to be a simple replacement of a stock item without modification. Hasn't worked out that way. Anyone come across this before?

Thanks.

Doug

Reply to
DGD

While i was under an 89 civic a few days ago I noticed that the HEADER connection was two holes and the CATALYTIC CONVERTER had three holes.

Are you missing the converter?

-SP

DGD wrote:

Reply to
speedy

Sounds like a Cat-Back system to me... You leave on the original Catalytic Converter and put the new exhaust on, from the cat back...

Reply to
Joe