1997 Accord SE P0715

Bought this car about 9 months ago, and just now I'm getting a p0715 code with the engine light. The previous owner kept meticulous records on this car, and I can see she had the code 3 times before over the
life of the car. The dealer flushed the transmission at one point, cleared the code, and told her if it came back there was a "transmission problem." It did come back, months later, but she took it to a different mechanic, who cleared the code again. So it looks like this code comes around every couple of years. The car drives fine. Any ideas?
thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There's TSB's here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/index.html#list
Without knowing the mileage, second guess is always the same: Drain-n-fill the tranny with Honda Z1 and then do it again twice. If possible I like to drive it a week in between changes so the friction surfaces get 'burnished' in the new fluid and the magnet gets a chance of catching more particulates.
It's never a bad idea to change your tranny fluid anyhow.
'Curly'

Sorry, it has about 45K miles -- the lady bought it new, didn't drive much. Thanks for the advice. I did check the fluid, and it looks really good, I guess -- that slightly reddish color, not brown at all. But I'm sure you're right about changing it: couldn't hurt. By the way, I got the guy at Autozone to loan me his scanner (that's how I got the code) and I cleared it. Hasn't come back yet. Could it be a bad connection? or even a bad speed sensor? The code indicates an input speed circuit fault. Thanks again for your help.