1997 Accord SE P0715

Bought this car about 9 months ago, and just now I'm getting a p0715

code with the engine light. The previous owner kept meticulous records

on this car, and I can see she had the code 3 times before over the

life of the car. The dealer flushed the transmission at one point,

cleared the code, and told her if it came back there was a

"transmission problem." It did come back, months later, but she took

it to a different mechanic, who cleared the code again. So it looks

like this code comes around every couple of years. The car drives

fine. Any ideas?

thanks.

Reply to
715bob

-------------------------------

There's TSB's here:

Without knowing the mileage, second guess is always the same:

Drain-n-fill the tranny with Honda Z1 and then do it again twice. If

possible I like to drive it a week in between changes so the friction

surfaces get 'burnished' in the new fluid and the magnet gets a chance

of catching more particulates.

It's never a bad idea to change your tranny fluid anyhow.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Sorry, it has about 45K miles -- the lady bought it new, didn't drive

much.

Thanks for the advice. I did check the fluid, and it looks really

good, I guess -- that slightly reddish color, not brown at all. But

I'm sure you're right about changing it: couldn't hurt.

By the way, I got the guy at Autozone to loan me his scanner (that's

how I got the code) and I cleared it. Hasn't come back yet. Could it

be a bad connection? or even a bad speed sensor? The code indicates an

input speed circuit fault.

Thanks again for your help.

Reply to
715bob