1997 Civic, sometimes no power when pressing on gas pedal

Hi, I have a 1997 Honda LX, and I'm occassionally experiencing moments when I get no power when I push on the gas pedal. The engine isn't revving in these instances; it's more that the engine doesn't seem to
get fuel.
Generally, releasing the gas pedal a bit and stepping on it again "fixes" the problem. But today, I had a moment where this didn't work a couple times in a row.
I think these occurances are usually within 5 or 10 minutes after starting up the car, but I'm not sure if this is always the case.
Any suggestions? This is an automatic transmission, if that matters.
Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:

Sounds like a clogged fuel filter. Same thing recently happened with my '93 Accord.
Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:

Need to know your mileage, but . . . .
I think your rad may have air in it. Fill the rad to the top and make sure the reservoir is up to MAX. Check again the next two days also. Use honda premix, no tap water.
Fuel filter shows up when climbing hills / passing. That's not what you described. You could try injector cleaner also.
'Curly'