1997 CRV

My 97' CRV make a high picthed whistling sound after it warms up and the brakes are applied. It stops after a few minutes. It will make the sound when shifting from Park to Drive and after driving it awhile. I thought it
might be the Master Cylinder but not sure. Only happens afetr it is warm.
Thanks,

Bob Hackman wrote:

Yep, they do that. It's a horrible sound if you get your ear up close. Possibly a vacuum leak of some kind. Search this group for vacuum leak. How high is the mileage? Last one I saw that did it was at 280,000 Km. Cleaning the throttle body might fix it too. Have you inspected your air filter? You know to get your valves adjusted WAY before the Owner's manual says, right? Same for the rear diff fluid.
'Curly'