1997 Honda civic Door Problem

My 1997 Honda Civic Rear door does not open from the outside. I can only open from inside. I fugured the latch or something came off inside the door panel. How do I open the door from inside so I can take a look
whats going on? I did not find anyscrews or anything inside to open. Can someone help, how I can do this please.
Thanks -Ganga
A common mistake is not to notice that the child-lock has somehow got turned ON. If the door you are talking about is the left side read door, then I suspect its the child safety lock related problem.

ExtremeValue wrote:

If the child-proof lock was set, it could not be opened from the inside. The OP stated that it cannot be opened from the outside.
Ops! My bad.