1997 honda civic ex

On my 1997 Honda Civic EX (Canadian), sometimes my air conditioning works and sometimes it does not work. If I turn it off and on, it tends to start to work and blow cold air. What could be my problem?

Reply to
Jeff Tingley

slipping belt, bad clutch in compressor, bad temp sensor, incorrect coolant pressures. The list goes on. Generally speaking, its best to go see a qualified AC guy when stuff like this happens.

One thing you could do is check to ensure the condenser (radiator looking item beside the radiator in the front of the engine bay) is not full of bugs and crap. Clean it out VERY GENTLY with water (no pressure sprayer). Also, check to see if the fan is coming on at all.

Jeff T>On my 1997 Honda Civic EX (Canadian), sometimes my air conditioning works

Reply to
T L via CarKB.com

Sounds like a bad AC relay to me. Good luck.

Reply to
duckbill