1997 Honda Odyseey - locks making a sound

My Honda after you lock the doors it make sounds like its locking again , and again for a long time. Any one know what that is ? how to correct it.

Thanks

Reply to
<arunchopra

Pick up an aerosol can of LockEase from the hardware or locksmith. Attach the little tube to the nozzle and spray LOTS inside all five locks, then put the key in and wiggle them a lot to massage the graphite into the lock mechanism. The locks were really dry on our '95 Odyssey, and it loosened them up. As I mentioned, do the tailgate, ignition and glove box. You'll have to wipe the key each time you use the locks for a while, since graphite is messy, but it's the right cure. If you have remote locking, your tumblers are probably dried out / neglected, since they don't get used much.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'