1997 Honda Odyssey - Linkage Problem?

I'm needing some advice. I've got a 97 Odyssey (automatic) that just got out of the shop yesterday and now will not go into gear because the shifter will not move. It was in the shop due to shuttering when the car is in idle, especially while in gear with the air compressor running. The shop reduced the charge in the compressor and adjusted the idle. Today it started acting up when shifting from park to any gear. It is currently sitting at my parents' house because I could not get it to shift out of park. My dad suggested it was a linkage problem. Any ideas on possible solutions? I really don't want to have it towed to the shop. My husband is moderately useful with cars but would like to provide him with some recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Shanna

The manual says you can put the key into the slot on top of the steering column (shift lock release) to release the shifter from the PARK position, when it won't release because the battery is dead, or the brake pedal isn't sending a signal to the circuit. Then start it in NEUTRAL, and use the park brake when shutting it off in NEAURAL, until you can get it fixed again.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _