1998 Accord cold run problem?

Just wondering if anybody might have an educated guess what my problem might be.
Within the last 2 weeks when starting out with the car cold it has begun
bucking and hesitating, especially bad in 1st gear but still there in 2nd and 3rd. RPM jumping up & down. While it is still cold, I get a lurch at about 2100 rpm which I'm guessing is the Vtec kicking in but it never did this before. Once the car reaches operating temperature the problems seem to disappear but when it is cold, it just is running rough.
1998 Accord EX coupe, 5 speed. 205,000 miles. Had the 195k service package and an EGR valve replaced in January 08.
Any thoughts?
Joe

VTEC kicks in much higher.

Number ONE task;get ECU read for trouble codes.
spark plug wires breaking down?(when wet from overnight condensation)
maybe sticky injectors? run injector cleaner for a few fillups.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Are there trouble codes registering even if check-engine light doesn't come on?
Joe J

get the ECU read(free at Autozone) and see.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Joe J. wrote:

====================== Check your invoice carefully to see if they actually did your plugs and cap / rotor. Pull the plugs to confirm.
'Curly'
Joe J. wrote:

check the ignition system. aged distributor caps and rotor arms are excellent at creating these symptoms. as are distributor caps and rotor arms that have nice conductive sweaty fingerprints all over them when the weather's humid.
use gloves when replacing. same goes for spark plugs.