1998 Civic EX mt 2dr prob

I have a problem. Before my car accident when i drove the car it felt stronger then after the accident. The car runs goood even after the accident
but just feels a lil weaker. Its been about a year since the accident and I have no engine problems except it has a lil lag when i floor it. I was wondering what i could do to get it running the way it was before?
johnny wrote:

-----------------------
Knowing what type of accident, and the mileage would help.
'Curly'
motsco_ _ wrote:

Yes. It would also help to know under what conditions you feel the lack of power, is it only at higher RPM, only at lower RPM etc.
Things to look for are a disconnected VTEC pressure switch, disconnected VTEC Solenoid valve, kinks in the intake plumbing, shop towel left in the air filter box, banana stuck up the exhaust, improperly adjusted parking brake etc.
johnny wrote:

Do you have good records of gas mileage, and if so have you seen any change after the accident?
As a benchmark for my engine performance, I use a hill next to my house where my car just barely maintains 40 mph in 4th gear if I floor it. Should I perceive drop in power, I can take it to that hill and see what it does.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
hmmm when i wrecked it had about 75k on it and I do the routine tune ups/oil change. This is how the accident happened. I was driving on the left lane of a 2 lane street and the guy was comin from a parking lot on the right and he just pullled out in front of me and I hit him while breaking from going 35 in the rain so it skid into him and the only major engine part that had to be replaced was the radiator and intake.
o my bad I forgot to put this in. It feels weaker during lower rpms.

Ah! Not many things affect the lower rpms. Ignition timing is the main thing - it may be a couple degrees retarded.
Mike
how do u fix that??