1998 Civic Hood Latch Release

The hood latch release on my kids' 1998 Civic seems to have either stretched beyond being useful, or the latch is so rusted that it has seized up.
I can pull the release knob but it doesn't release the hood.
Any suggestions on how to pop the hood when "Plan A" fails?
Ian
On 12/30/13, 6:46 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sherwoodwindows.com wrote:

Best case is reach through the grill with a tool and poke/trip the first release latch. Next best is having to crawl underneath and come up from below the engine. Either way, watch out for your fingers!
Might get it done for free if you have a regular garage or dealer you frequent.
snipped-for-privacy@sherwoodwindows.com wrote:

while one person pulls the release repeatedly, the other person does a two-fist drum-roll on the hood above the latch. Stuck ones usually loosen that way.
GW