1998 CRV chronic ABS brake light on

This trouble light has been coming on and off for a couple of years. My mechanic reads the error messages and they are different each time. He has checked what he can visually and sensors with a meter. I have
changed the brake computer twice now to no avail. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with a vehicle this old?
BTW, when the ABS light is on there is no auto anti-skid working. It works fine again when the brake light goes off on its own or I reset it. A mystery.
Tom wrote:

Of course not. All 16 year old electronic systems work flawlessly everywhere on Earth.
In all seriousness, ask if he has load tested the powers and grounds at the ABS computer, or drag-tested its harness connectors pins. GW