1998 Honda Accord LX

I bought a 1998 Honda Accord LX the other day and knew prior to the purchase that the check engine light was on. The previous owner told me it needed an
EGR valve and possible EGR port cleaning. I had to drive the car 300 miles back to my home so I filled it with premium and fuel system cleaner. When I returned home I reset the Check Engine light. I have driven the car about 75 miles since and the light has not come back on. Is it possible that the better gas has cleaned the EGR enough to fix this problem even if only temporary? Has anyone else been able to reset the light and it not come back? Any info would be a ppreciated. The car drives fine and doesn't exhibit any symptoms of a bad EGR.
It may have just been a simple problem as not tightening the gas cap properly.
The error code was bad EGR flow when I had the code read. Can that be caused by a loose gas cap?

No - loose caps set an "evap" code.
Mike
Yeah well after trick o treating the damn ck engine light is back. Is cleaning EGR ports and replacing the valve an easy do it yourself job?

Dunno - never had the displeasure. There have been a couple recent threads about it EGR cleaning and repair, though.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

tegger has a pdf on how to do it. or google this group for the link.
The PDF I saw didnt make it look like an easy job. You guys reccomend a dealer?