1998 Honda Passport 4x4 v6

I have a 1998 Honda passport thatís been overhauled etc. Everything is back together and in time. The car is trying to start but wonít stay running. I noticed my plugs are wet with gas. I replaced the plugs
checked all connections but same thing occurs. Any new suggestions would help me out.
‚úĖ

lining up the marks...... Chip
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"hs4797" wrote: > On 16 May 2005 11:35:34 -0400, laser21
> wrote: > > >I have a 1998 Honda passport thatís been overhauled etc. > Everything is > >back together and in time. The car is trying to start but > wonít stay > >running. I noticed my plugs are wet with gas. I replaced the > plugs > >checked all connections but same thing occurs. Any new > suggestions > >would help me out. > is it a dual overhead cam? if so timing is very different than > just > lining up the marks...... > Chip
Yes it has dual overhead cams.... What else needs to be lined up besides all the marks on the timing belt? The heads where never rebuilt so no time issues there beside making sure they lined with the marks on the heads/valve cover. Iím a little lost if thereís something else that needs to be done.
‚úĖ
laser21 wrote:

be rotated clockwise until it springs to the timing mark on the valve cover, but the cam on the driver's side needs to spring in place 90 deg. counter clockwise from the mark on the valve cover. Now hold that cam on the mark (90 deg. clockwise)and put the belt on aligning all three marks. It should run like new. Hope this helps. Dan
Add pictures here
‚úĖ