1999 Honda Accord LX Automatic with Vtech 6 cylinder

1999 Honda Accord LX with Vtech 6 cylinder
Help .. need some advice.
Maint Light on . DTC codes are
P0303 Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
P0305 Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected
P0306 Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfires Detected
Any hints . suggestions . possible/probable causes that anyone knows of?
Any and all assistance will be greatly Appreciated.
Bill
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
How many miles are on this car?
Do you follow the maintenance schedule to the letter? For example, when were plugs, wires, distributor cap, fuel filter, and air filter last changed? Have you been using strictly OEM (= genunine Honda) parts?

Not quite 100K. All maint was done within a couple hundred miles of when it was supposed to be and only used the best materials.
wrote

I can only guess at what "best materials" means. If the plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor aren't OEM, I'd replace them.
I'd check the timing. Then I'd do a test of the distributor coil.
Keep checking back.

Bill, I suggest that you (or a mechanic) conduct a compression check of each cylinder. I also suggest that you take the vehicle to a mechanic and have him or her use a "Diagnostic computerized engine tester" to track down the source of the problem. This might be cheaper than replacing various parts that may not be defective. This might be a great time to get a complete tune up. I should note that I am not a mechanic but when I was younger I was a "back yard mechanic"--minor repairs only due to the lack of equipment. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Dropping off at the mechanic tonight. Hoping it is something simple... ... and inexpensive.

most likely being tune-up stuff. That isn't "inexpensive" on any modern car, but it is at least affordable enough.
Mike

Mike, You might be right. One reason that I mentioned a compression check was because only some of the cylinders were mentioned in the original post. That could be a sign that there is a compression problem with those specific cylinders. I hope that I am wrong.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Don't take this wrong but I hope you are wrong and Mike is right ... Tune up stuff not cheap but a LOT cheper than cylinder work.

Bill, I don't like to be proved wrong. However, in this case--I hope that I am proved wrong since "tune up stuff is not cheap but a lot cheaper than cylinder work". However, if the "tune up" does not solve the problem--the compression check should be done to rule in or out cylinder problems. Please let us know--I hope that the tune up DOES solve your problem. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO