1999 honda accord transmission leak

I'v got a 99 honda accord and I found that the transmission fluid is leaking on the parking lot and the transmission fluid level is dropping. I first realized it after the check engine light came with
OBD error code 0740(torque converter clutch circuit malfunction).
Took the car to Aamco transmission, told me that I need to replace the trany gasket to fix this problem. estimated cost is about $800 becuase they are going to replace the gasket while rebuilding the trany.
took it to honda dealer, news is even worse. they advised to replace the trany with a used one, just becuase its leaking transmission oil. est cost is $2400.
it leaks about 1liter per week. one mechanic did not notice any leak while the car was in parking. putting the car into drive and put some gas to make the RPM 2000-2500 starts to leak on the upper right side of the trany. Any idea for the possible solution?

transmission in the only way they knew how. To a child who has a hammer, all problems look like nails.
Mike
What engine do you have and how many miles? Honda has been very helpful extending warranties on the V6 automatic. Have you let the Honda Dealership look at it? Yes, get it in writing what it needs from a Honda Dealership and then try your luck with Honda Cust Serv. I would rather pay Honda $1200 (cost share) than the other guys who will start off at a low estimate of $800 to suck you in and after they get it apart, watch the estimate rise 50 to 100 percent. Good luck.
ahsanul wrote: <SNIP>

Look at the TSB's about shift solenoids (various models) . It sounds like it's not the tranny, but possibly the seals in the solenoids, and since there are TSB's, you might get it fixed under good will.
Your dealer might be BAD, or just ignorant of a few facts. The non-Honda tranny shops have $$$ in their eyes. Stay away.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/index.html#accord
'Curly'
Depending on the miles on your vehicle Honda does have a number of transmission recalls if your vehicle has under 100k miles call 800-999-1009. DO NOT LET AAMCO TOUCH YOUR VEHICLE!!!