1999 honda civic gas cap and check engine light

I recently had something happen to my honda 1999 civic, i left the gascap at a gas station, drove 200 more miles that day then parked the car overnight. next morning drove the car 5 miles and the check engine light came on, drive 5 more miles to work with check engine light on. later during my lunch hour i bought a cheap knock off gas cap from an auto parts store and put in on, been driving car back ever since and the check engine light is always on. Is there anyway for me to reset the check engine light (i assume it is on becausne of the gas cap incident)

Any ideas?

Will

Reply to
will

"will" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Yep. It might have nothing to do with gas cap. Or it might. Get the code read. Without that, we need to consult our crystal balls.

If you reset the light without getting the code, you are doing yourself a dis-service, so don't do it.

Reply to
TeGGeR®