1999 Honda CR-V, Clock and Immediate housing.

Perhaps because I did it with the weather far too cold, but the removal of the broken clock in my 1999 Honda CR-V resulted in broken mount points
within the housing.
The housing I'm talking about is the part holding the vents, etc.
For the LIFE of me I cannot figure out what these parts are when I'm looking online.
Thanks!
Thomas
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Hi, If plastic tab is broken I guess you'll have to get whole new facia. If that little metal clip is broke or missing you may be able to jury rig one. I had to do it once to repair the clock redoing the soldering on circuit traces. Luckily I did not break any thing. If you go to dealer parts dept. they'll have IPB from which you can point exactly what you need. Good luck.
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Your part numbers are at www.slhondaparts.com You remove it by pulling the whole set of vents and clock out from the bottom edge. Way more help is available if you SEARCH at http://www.hondasuv.com
Here's an eBay auction a few days old that had the whole unit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item 0213581678&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih8
'Curly'
Thomas G. Marshall said something like:

Skip to bottom paragraph if you'd rather not call me an idiot.
Ok, this painful saga continues. I should not have listened to the dealership when they told us that the clock was failing. Think they wanted to make a quick buck on it, since they hugely overprice the thing ($299).
I just found out from my wife that when the clock started failing, the light in the emergency button failed too. She told the dealership this but apparently I "wasn't listening" when she told me. Arrrrrg.
Well, I needed to remove the clock anyway to test the connector, and EVERY place I checked in the past to do this (including hondasuv.com) claimed that you need only release the bottom clips to do this (butter knife, or thin putty knife). You need to release 4 surrounding ones to do this instead. Clock destroyed in this. Surrounding plastic hosed. Stupid stupid stupid.
So I used a multimeter and checked: yes, for some reason the ignition line in the plug is dead. Haven't checked the emergency button plug yet, but I'm betting it's the light line there, or perhaps the ignition light is used there too?