2 and 3 button remote Fob

I have just bought an 04 Honda Jazz SE Sport CVT but it only came with one key / remote fob. I have seen several on ebay; some new, some used, some are 2 button and others 3. Are they interchangeable? Can i code a used fob to my car & just get a new blade cut? Do I have to go to the dealers for a new one?

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

======================================

It's worth your time / effort to get the other from the former owner (since they can presently help themselves to your car) and because the unit is expensive and has to be cut / programmed by the dealer. Read the MANY TSB's about various immobilizer systems HERE:

What country are you in?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

HERE:

The previous owner hasn't got the spare key, he got the car from an auction and it only came with one.

I'm in the UK btw.

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris