2000 Accord 4 cyl. Block Drain Plug

I want to install a block heater and drain and flush the anti freeze. I am told the plug is very hard to get at and impossible to loosen unless you have it on a hoist using a breaker bar. Anyone have any experience with this plug ?

Reply to
Clete

what you heard is pretty much right on. it's still doable though.

Reply to
jim beam

Clete wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's likely at the front of the block, just to the passenger side of the exhaust manifold. Usually access is tight but is accessible from above.

Just a 3-ft breaker bar will do. But make certain your (correctly-sized) socket is fully seated! You don't want to round-off that bolt.

Your fingers may tingle a bit after the bolt cracks loose.

Reply to
Tegger

Accessible from above ? Do you have any pics or a link that would show me its location ? Thanks

Reply to
Clete

Clete wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't, sorry. Do you still have your Owner's Manual? If not, you can spend $10 at

to get the necessary pages. Poor help, I know, but it's all I've got. On further checking of the documentation I /do/ have, I see that much older Accords had their block drain to the driver's side of the oil filter, at the REAR of the block.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks to both of you. I can't see doing it from the top.

Reply to
Clete