2000 Accord 4 cyl. Block Drain Plug

I want to install a block heater and drain and flush the anti freeze. I am told the plug is very hard to get at and impossible to loosen unless you have it on a hoist using a breaker bar. Anyone have any
experience with this plug ?
On 10/18/2010 12:04 PM, Clete wrote:

what you heard is pretty much right on. it's still doable though.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

It's likely at the front of the block, just to the passenger side of the exhaust manifold. Usually access is tight but is accessible from above.

Just a 3-ft breaker bar will do. But make certain your (correctly-sized) socket is fully seated! You don't want to round-off that bolt.
Your fingers may tingle a bit after the bolt cracks loose.
--
Tegger

Accessible from above ? Do you have any pics or a link that would show me its location ? Thanks

I don't, sorry. Do you still have your Owner's Manual? If not, you can spend $10 at https://techinfo.honda.com to get the necessary pages. Poor help, I know, but it's all I've got.
On further checking of the documentation I /do/ have, I see that much older Accords had their block drain to the driver's side of the oil filter, at the REAR of the block.
--
Tegger

Thanks to both of you. I can't see doing it from the top.