2000 Accord, check engine light

Car: 2000 Accord LX v6, 72K miles
Light came on upon cold start one day. Went out after 3-4 days and then came on again 3-4 weeks later (again on a cold start).
OBD2 code scan reveals P1491 ... EGR valve problem. Is this a known problem? What will the local honda dealer/pirate charge me? Thanks for any info.
Call your dealer. Honda extended the warranty to 80k on some models.Either the valve is bad or the ports are carboned up.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

P1491 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Insufficient Lift
Probably carboned up. You might want to see if this applies to you: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/A99-085.pdf
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks TeGGeR and others. That seems to apply to me atleast in theory since I have the correct DTC (P1491) and I am still within extended warranty limits. I made an appointment with the Honda dealer and will see how it goes.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I believe that Honda extended the warranty on the EGR to 8 years or 80,000 miles on V6 Accords of that era. So take it to a dealer as your car's EGR is still within the warranty period.