2000 Accord, check engine light

Car: 2000 Accord LX v6, 72K miles

Light came on upon cold start one day. Went out after 3-4 days and then came on again 3-4 weeks later (again on a cold start).

OBD2 code scan reveals P1491 ... EGR valve problem. Is this a known problem? What will the local honda dealer/pirate charge me? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
krishna.ratakonda

Call your dealer. Honda extended the warranty to 80k on some models.Either the valve is bad or the ports are carboned up.

Reply to
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

P1491 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve Insufficient Lift

Probably carboned up. You might want to see if this applies to you:

TeGGeR®

I believe that Honda extended the warranty on the EGR to 8 years or 80,000 miles on V6 Accords of that era. So take it to a dealer as your car's EGR is still within the warranty period.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Thanks TeGGeR and others. That seems to apply to me atleast in theory since I have the correct DTC (P1491) and I am still within extended warranty limits. I made an appointment with the Honda dealer and will see how it goes.

Reply to
krishna.ratakonda