2000 accord fan after shutoff

I have a 2000 accord but it recently occurred to me that even after driving a long time (say 5 hr highway ride) so that the engine would be hot if I park and shut off the engine then at no point ever does the
cooling fan come on and run for a while (engine off).
I know the cooling fan works, if the engine is running it will come on at the right time but not when shut off.
The old '92 accord I had used to have the fan come on when the engine was off but quite hot, and it would stay on long enough to cool it down, and even a friend's '88 audi 200 does this. Is that normal for a 2000 accord??