2000 Accord: Loose Headlight Bulb/Harness

2000 Honda Accord

Our left low-beam is acting up. My wife got back from a long trip and the bulb was sometimes working, and sometimes not. I started to replace it, and in the process of removing it, it came on. So I left it in. Most of the time it worked. Then it finally burnt out. So I replaced it. I may have touched it when replacing it. That one is now burnt out.

But when I did replace it, it didn't work. It no longer snaps in there firmly like it used to. It has a tiny bit of play,a nd I'm wondering if that's enough to vibrate and cause probs for the bulb.

When I put the new one on the electrical harness, and turned on the lights, it didn't come on. That didn't bode well. Maybe the contacts on the harness need to be cleaned? I tried moving the wires around to see if it would blink on (indicating some kind of short), but no dice.

Anyone got any tips on trouble-shooting this? I don't have nearly enough cash to take this to a dealer/mechanic.

-- JGG

Reply to
Jolly Green Giant