2000 ACCORD LX Maintenance Required Light

How can I turn of the maintenance required light in a 2000 Accord, it came on at 100,000 Miles. All the maintenance is done, but Dealer charges to turn off the light. This Model of accord does not have a place where you can insert the key to turn it off in the cluster panel, unlike the previous model years.

Thanks

Reply to
Sam

on my 2001 accord, with the car in the off position, hold in your trip reset light, then turn the key on and it takes 20-60 seconds to turn off

Reply to
Snowboard3r

It's spelled out in the owners manual

Reply to
Jack C.

Thanks Snow board, I will give it a try

Reply to
Sam

===========================

Sam, your dealer is a liar, and a thief. He's also a dumb business man.

He told you it would cost you (implying you couldn't do it yourself) He should have reset it for you when he did the service.

He should have at least offered to sell you an Owner's Manual so you could look it up for yourself.

Could you please tell us what the NAME of this marvelous dealer is? ? ? People need to be warned about such crooks.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Change dealers.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hi Snow Board

Thanks for the suggestion, It WORKED, Thanks Alot

Reply to
Sam

"Sam" wrote in news:N64Ye.30466$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com:

You got the servicing done somewhere else, didn't you? Yourself?

I see Sam has fixed his problem.

Anybody else who wishes to help others can point to this:

TeGGeR®