2000 Accord Plugs yikes

I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug. I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4 cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is
NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

Check at Autozone. In my area this plug cost about $10.00 US. If there is no Autozone near you can mail order from them.

I forgot to mention I am iin Canada. No Autozone
JRL wrote:

---------------------------
In Canada: NAPA, Canadian Tire, Bumper to Bumper, PartSource (which is Canadian Tire). If you just got the car, put a can of injector cleaner in it too.
'Curly'

It was NAPA that quoted me $25 per plug. Iwas looking for suggestions on alternate plugs. Thanks
The 4 cylinder spark plugs are only 3.29 list at the Honda dealer (discounted to 2.63).

Platinum = $$$, but hey they last for more than 100k miles.

And whatever you do, DON'T substitute any non-NGK, non-platinum, $3 plugs.
Use the correct part number NGK plug.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

go online to Advance Auto or partsamerica.com and check their plug offerings and prices. Rock Auto is another good online parts source.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
JRL wrote:

Honda lists two OE plugs for your car:
SPARK PLUG (PKJ16CR-L11) (DENSO) SPARK PLUG (PZFR5F-11) (NGK)
If you can't find a decent priced source in Canada, you can see if these guys will ship to Canada for a reasonable cost:
Hondaautomotiveparts.com Majestic Honda, Route 146, Lincoln, RI 02865 P: 1-800-341-4113
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1 cord&catcgry2 00&catcgry3MR+EX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=HIGH+TENSION+CORD-PLUG
They are a Honda dealer in Rhode Island where I have mail ordered Honda parts from in the past. They show the NGK part at $12.05 each or the Denso at $11.89 (US). Considering the strength of the Loonie you might be wise to buy from a US supplier!
last time i tried ordering from majestic, they told me they don't ship to canada.
was about a year ago.
John Horner wrote:

Hi
You can try www.ClubPlug.ca for Canadian orders. Ships from Canada on Canadian orders, NO Duties....
You can try www.ClubPlug.net for USA orders. Ships from USA on USA orders, NO TAXES...
:-)
Tha"P" at the start of the plug description refers to platinum.You can get the same plug that isnt platinum for 8 bucks or so.I bought the non platinums and they performed just as well,although the life of the plug wouldn't be as long as the platinum I am sure.