2000 Accord Plugs yikes

I just called a parts store and I was quoted a price of $25 per plug. I just bought the vehicle a few months ago and want to change plugs. 4 cylinder Vtech Accord 4 door . The plug referenced in the manual is NGK PZFR5F-11. OEM is a good thing but this is ridiculous. Could someone give me an alternative please. Thanks

Reply to
JRL

Check at Autozone. In my area this plug cost about $10.00 US. If there is no Autozone near you can mail order from them.

Reply to
maumee

I forgot to mention I am iin Canada. No Autozone

Reply to
JRL

---------------------------

In Canada: NAPA, Canadian Tire, Bumper to Bumper, PartSource (which is Canadian Tire). If you just got the car, put a can of injector cleaner in it too.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

It was NAPA that quoted me $25 per plug. Iwas looking for suggestions on alternate plugs. Thanks

Reply to
JRL

The 4 cylinder spark plugs are only 3.29 list at the Honda dealer (discounted to 2.63).

Reply to
nick

Platinum = $$$, but hey they last for more than 100k miles.

Reply to
M.Paul

JRL wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

go online to Advance Auto or partsamerica.com and check their plug offerings and prices. Rock Auto is another good online parts source.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Frank wrote in news:8a01a6ff-4248-4efe-9fa8- snipped-for-privacy@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

And whatever you do, DON'T substitute any non-NGK, non-platinum, $3 plugs.

Use the correct part number NGK plug.

Reply to
Tegger

Honda lists two OE plugs for your car:

SPARK PLUG (PKJ16CR-L11) (DENSO) SPARK PLUG (PZFR5F-11) (NGK)

If you can't find a decent priced source in Canada, you can see if these guys will ship to Canada for a reasonable cost:

Hondaautomotiveparts.com Majestic Honda, Route 146, Lincoln, RI 02865 P: 1-800-341-4113

They are a Honda dealer in Rhode Island where I have mail ordered Honda parts from in the past. They show the NGK part at $12.05 each or the Denso at $11.89 (US). Considering the strength of the Loonie you might be wise to buy from a US supplier!

Reply to
John Horner

last time i tried ordering from majestic, they told me they don't ship to canada.

was about a year ago.

John Horner wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

Slider

Hi

You can try

for Canadian orders. Ships from Canada on Canadian orders, NO Duties....

You can try

for USA orders. Ships from USA on USA orders, NO TAXES...

:-)

Reply to
Frank