2000 Accord Power steering fluid

My dealer recommended a "fluid exchange" for my Accord. The car has 80,00 0 miles. I found nothing in the manual about powersteering fluid other th
an to make sure "it's up to the line" in the reservoir. Do I need to chan ge it or is the dealer trying to sell me something.
Thanks mm

The dealer IS trying to "sell" you something. But given that the vehicle is 13-years-old and the fluid has presumably never been changed, it's a legitimate "sell". I'd go for it.
--
Tegger

On 07/08/2013 04:52 PM, Michael wrote:

the book says nothing because changing it is not necessary. in fact, draining it can cause more problems than leaving it alone. since power steering systems on hondas regularly go 300-400k mils untouched, and they typically only exhibit problems after being "maintained", i'd leave it alone. especially if you don't live in alaska or death valley.
--
fact check required

On 7/8/2013 6:52 PM, Michael wrote:

not say anything about brake fluid
On Monday, July 8, 2013 9:25:34 PM UTC-4, Pawalleye wrote:

r than to make sure "it's up to the line" in the reservoir. Do I need to change it or is the dealer trying to sell me something.

they did say brakefluid as well. I posted the ps fluid because it's not s uggested in the book. Each is $99.

The brake fluid should be changed every 3 years. It's a good $99 to spend. Do it.
--
Tegger

On 7/8/2013 7:52 PM, Michael wrote:

The primary intent of this exchange is to empty your wallet into the dealer's...