2000 Accord SRS light (recall)

Coggin Honda in South Orange County, Florida, notified my neighbor that her SRS light being on all the time, is likely a defective sensor in one of the buckles on her 2000 Accord.

Upon arrival at the dealer, they were most courteous and attentive in troubleshooting this trouble and the repair is FREE!

Also, the answers to our other enquiries were prompt and correct.

Front wheel bearings were shot, and vibration was horrid, plus, we suffered non-starts and shut-downs, and there was a defective IAC valve.

Coggin Honda paid for a free rental car, a 2008 Accord (with only 300 miles on it!), from Enterprise Rent a car.

Then, she was given a $100 discount on repairs, as there was a coupon special going in the paper Plus, waived the troubleshooting diagnostics charges of $99.00 for all the issues!

And, we had asked why the car sometimes starts on it's own, and the steering column bottom cover looked askew.

Her 20 year old son had paid a alarm company to install an after market alarm with remote start, and they had screwed-up the entire wiring! He has gone back to them, and was asked to pay the labor to fix it or remove it! Idiots abound in the accessory third market...

Having been 20 years in the military, in repair and service of aircraft, motor vehicles, power generators, and then moving on to owning garages and car lots, I am impressed by the quality of service of the Honda dealer network.

I have met other dealers including Courtesy Honda, of Lake Mary, and am very pleased to see genuine customer service care on such a high level by all these dealers!

I also thank you, who are on this board, for your help to my friends, family, neighbors, and myself, in advice that is rock solid!

Reply to
AHappyCamper

I had the same thing happen with my 2000 Honda accord. I was surprised to see that it was free myself. Since I may be in the market for a new vehicle, I find it hard to shy away from Honda. I loved my 07 Accord until last night when someone decided that they didn't want to yield when making a turn into oncoming traffic.

Reply to
DJ Bukkake