2000 Accord starting problem... won't crank

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Accord EX 4 cylinder that has never failed to start. Suddenly, it will not.

All dash lights come on, all accessories, power windows, heater, radio and virtually everything works, but when I turn the key to the start position, nothing happens. When I first turn the key all the way to crank position, I can hear something click, perhaps the starter relay, but after that, nothing.

Believing it might be a battery problem, I cleaned the posts. No change. Then, because the battery is more than 4 years old, I simply replaced it. No change. I checked the fuses on the left side of the dash and in the engine compartment, but couldn't spot a blown one.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

C.A.

Reply to
Charles Adams

If you can get it jump started, head on back over to Pep Boys or Auto Zone-- they'll do a free charging system diagnostic for you.

Reply to
Fred C. Dobbs

Charles Adams wrote in news:me- snipped-for-privacy@west.Usenet-News.net:

possible bad starter solenoid. some Hondas have replaceable solenoids,some don't.

Jim Yanik

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9A1D87A7E1071jyanikkuanet@64.209.0.84:

Looks like it's the older Mitsuba starters which do not have replaceable contacts. All the ND ones appear to have them.

Reply to
Tegger

Here, this will help you narrow it down. You might need to carry a hammer for a week to figure it out.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_