2000 Accord starting problem... won't crank

Hello all,
I have a 2000 Accord EX 4 cylinder that has never failed to start. Suddenly, it will not.
All dash lights come on, all accessories, power windows, heater, radio
and virtually everything works, but when I turn the key to the start position, nothing happens. When I first turn the key all the way to crank position, I can hear something click, perhaps the starter relay, but after that, nothing.
Believing it might be a battery problem, I cleaned the posts. No change. Then, because the battery is more than 4 years old, I simply replaced it. No change. I checked the fuses on the left side of the dash and in the engine compartment, but couldn't spot a blown one.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
C.A.

If you can get it jump started, head on back over to Pep Boys or Auto Zone-- they'll do a free charging system diagnostic for you.

possible bad starter solenoid. some Hondas have replaceable solenoids,some don't. http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/Nippondenso.html
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Looks like it's the older Mitsuba starters which do not have replaceable contacts. All the ND ones appear to have them.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Charles Adams wrote:

Here, this will help you narrow it down. You might need to carry a hammer for a week to figure it out.
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t 252&
'Curly'