2000 Accord wipers

I have had more trouble with the windshield wiper blades on this car than any car I have ever owned. I have tried several different brand refills, including Honda's own, and complete blades, also. It seems they all start out working well, but after a few weeks, the rubber blade takes on a "set" and refuses to "flip over" when it changes direction. This greatly affects the wiping action. I thought there might be too much spring tension on the arm, and relaxed the spring, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Tom

Reply to
<trichard308

If there's no mechanical wear problems with the wiper arm pivots, have you considered the type of washer fluid you are using? Are you using anything else on the screen? Using some product eg ArmourAll on the blades?

Are the wiper arms twisted (not bent)?

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

NAPA has a good replacement blade for this car. I had purchased ANSCO blades that were constructed from plastic. there developed so much slop in the eh pivots joints that the blade would wind up on one pass and jump on the return sounding like a pistol shot going off inside the car. The NAPA replacements stopped this.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Hunt

I have had problems with all sorts of blades no matter how expensive they were. Frustrating to say the least.

The only blades that I can recommend that worked for me were the ANCO blades.

Also, if your washer fluid is giving you a problem as well, I will not use anything other than 20/10 washer fluid. It's super cheap and it cleans the windshield without any streaking (I don't know why other washer fluids streak -what's the point?). If you try it, the best value is the large bottle of concentrate and just pour about a half a cup and fill the rest of the reserviour with water.

Hope it works out well for you.

Reply to
DW

I have not found anything that works all that well for "bug streaks" but for rain I find Rain-X works wonders.

With a treated window it really does not matter how old the glass or wipers are. No streaks! In the rain I have very clear windows. Above about 40 mph the rain just rolls off the glass by itself.

The effect at night is amazing. None of the water streak glare from on coming headlights.

The only down side I see is the window needs to be treated every week or so of rain.

Reply to
Brian Stell