2000 CIvic LX clunk noise

Lately I noticed a clunk coming from front of the car when brake is applied at a color light. This happened on and off and I took to the car to the dealer. They did diagnostics and told me it is coming from
brake callipers and they need to be cleaned and oiled.So I got it done for around $100. But I still hear the noise on and off. It has done 53k miles and the brake pads were replaced at 32k. Is this a sign of deterioration of the brake system?
Thanks, Ken