2000 civic speedometer problems

Hi, I just changed out the speedometer sensor on the transmission on a 2000 ex civic coupe. my problem is that it did not fix the speedometer from not working or intermittently going nuts. where do i go from
here?
I see i can get a e-bay used dash for about 50 bucks but is there a way to check it before hit and missing to find the bad part?
Is there a sensor on the wheel itself somewhere that may be dirty or bent?
Thanks
First thing to do is check your battery as a weak bad battery will cause this erratic behaveyour. The battery is a filter on the system and when it starts going bad it allows a lot of electrical noise on the system. If that is not the problem take it to the dealer for diagnosis as throwing used parts at it without knowing what you are doing can become very destructive and expensive...

Try swapping the electronic board on the back of the speedo.It fix the problem on mine(95 civic).I did too change the speed sensor 2-3 times without success.
Good luck!

realize this TSB is for 96-99, but may apply to you. I had the issue on my 98 civic. Do you have any blown fuses (#15?).
check the following link:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x99-029e.pdf
Double 00 ^;:^ wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote:

SEARCH, it's cheaper than buying new parts. It's likely the output signal from the igniter, but don't take my word for it. SEARCH.
'Curly'