2000 CRV Door panel removal

Has anyone removed the drivers door panel on a 2000 CRV. The window was stuck half way down with the motor running. i would like to removed the panel myself so I could diagnose the problem.

Reply to
rick

Install sheets for the 'tweeter kit' will help you remove the door panel:

You've probably broken the tiny plastic lever that attaches to the solonoid in the DOWN switch and it's jamming. Disassembly of the switch is tricky, but the price of a new switch panel is over $300 IIRC. You'll lose (you've probably lost) your 'auto-down' feature too.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Thank you. I hope to look at the problem tonight. The diagram you sent looks pretty straight forward.Hope I find something simple. Thanks again.

'Curly Q. L> >

Reply to
rick

I was hinting that your DOWN switch (on the dash) is broken because the little plastic lever (internal) has jammed itself against the solonoid (which interrupts the auto-down). Probably has nothing to do with removing the door panel. HOWEVER . . It may also be that the window is stuck half-way down because one of the big screws has backed part-way out. Similar to this TSB:

See also
for more exploded view diagrams.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Reply to
rick

I finally got the CRV from my daughter to work on. After the good instructions and the door skin removed I found the motor barely hanging on by 1 of 4 bolts. The sheet metal was somewhat damaged where the bolts went thru. After getting all 4 lined up and the window in track it was a success. It just seems now that the window seems to go up really tight. I was wondering if there is some adjustment. Thanks again.

'Curly Q. L> >

Reply to
rick

If the door panel is still off, try loosening and retightening the mounting bolts when the window is in the "up" position. I haven't had Hondas bind, but our old Dodge (shudder!) was really bad about it. Otherwise, spraying the channel with silicone spray is popular.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Reply to