2000 CRV Single CD Problem

This just started...I put in a cd bought or burned..radio CD player clicks shows Track 1, then E-OO and boots cd out....I've looked in my manual there is no EOO code listed. I've compressed air cleaned it, run a cd cleaner disc ...Player will work on a cd sometimes then later,when I get back in the car and start cd back up... with same cd..EOO codes and boots out cd..Any suggestions? I NEED my tunes! :-) Liz

Reply to
:-)Liz

Only a guess based on experience with other units - I think a drive belt in the player is stretched out.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

So, how hard of a fix is it? This is the factory player...I didn't know cd players had drive belts.

Reply to
:-)Liz

and buy a new stereo

Reply to
I'm Right

Slot load units often (but not always) do, to load and eject the CD. The spindle is direct drive in all the units I know of.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Here's another solution . .