2000 Honda Accord factory alarm stopped working.

2000 Honda Accord factory alarm stopped working several days ago. The key remote still locks and unlocks the doors but there are no beeps. The red LED that blinks is now on continuously. The alarm stopped working after
a rain storm while the windows were slightly opened and water got on the seat. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I have a 2003 honda civic that has the same problem as you. But mine was caused by a fuse blowing that also made my head unit stop working. Maybe you should check your fuses. I'm still waiting on a reply for my problem. All my fuses are fine.. and my light just keeps shining. Jimmy T wrote:

I'm replying to my own question. I finally figured out that my trusty Accord was in valet mode. I'm the sole user of this car and I don't know how it got into the valet mode. I'm also embarrassed to admit that I have never used this valet feature before and didn't recognize what the problem was. (I take my Gremlin to the fancy affairs!) I pressed the below dash button while the car was running and the alarm switched on. As Homer Simpson would say, "Dough!". Thanks to all the knowledgeable and skilled persons who kindly dispense info to us Homers on this newsgroup and must be having a good laugh at this posting. - Jim

The
after
I have a soft spot for Gremlins.
Had a '76 back in the 1980's that I ran the snot out of. 258 2bbl didn't wait for anyone at traffic lights either...
JT
Jimmy T wrote:

Sorry to diss Gremlins. Those are cool looking cars. Maybe I should've used a Vega or a Hyundai as my "fancy" car. Now I'm gonna hear from those owners. Just jokin' guys. - Jim

beeps.
the
The Vega wasn't a bad car AFTER the engine had been sleeved...
JT