2000 honda accord SRS lights on

Hi, I have 2000 Honda Accord LX, recently the SRS light stays on during the driving. I know one of the possible reason is the OPDS system failure. But I also heard that if the car doesn't have the side airbag
which is the case of my car, then the car doesn't even have a OPDS system, is this true? this is important to me because Honda had just issued a wanrranty extension for OPDS, if my car does have the OPDS, I may not need to pay for the diagnosis and repair. Can you anyone answers for sure?
I have a 2000 Accord and they fixed my several years ago for the same problem for free, but he car is 7 years old now. I think it was a sensor for the passenger side seat
Gary

: Hi, I have 2000 Honda Accord LX, recently the SRS light stays on during : the driving. I know one of the possible reason is the OPDS system : failure. But I also heard that if the car doesn't have the side airbag : which is the case of my car, then the car doesn't even have a OPDS : system, is this true? this is important to me because Honda had just : issued a wanrranty extension for OPDS, if my car does have the OPDS, I : may not need to pay for the diagnosis and repair. Can you anyone : answers for sure? : When the SRS light in my 2000 Accord SE came on, it turned out to be a problem with the seat belt latch. There was a recall or something like a recall. If that's the problem, Honda should pay for it under the lifetime seat belt warranty. Get the code read and find out what you're dealing with.
Paul
thanks for sharing your experiences. I realized 2 major reasons for SRS lights on are 1) OPDS and 2) seat belt latch. Both are under warranty. However, the catch here is there is a recent warranty extension (not regular warranty like for seat belt latch) from honda for OPDS, so if my car has the OPDS, then I may be covered under that warranty extension. If that's the case, then I can go to the dealer to have my car checked out FOR FREE even if later on it is found out that OPDS is not the problem of the SRS lights, the diagnosis is still free. otherwise, I may have to pay for the expensive diagnosis if the problem is not covered under warranty. The problem is that I even can't find out (from web search) if my 2000 Honda Accord LX has a OPDS or not.
Paul wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I don't have any answers, but this might be interesting reading: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/index.html#accord
'Curly'
No matter what, it is CRITICAL you get an SRS light fixed. If you are driving down the highway at 65 and your airbag goes off "for no reason", you will most likely lose control of the car and crash. Don't underestimate the incredible force of an airbag deployment or what can happen in 2 seconds at highway speeds.
The light is on because SOMETHING is not right. It could be the EDR, airbag module, or one of many other items. You don't want to find out if the air bag deploys when it shouldn't or doesn't deploy when it should.