2001-2006 Honda Civic Suspension Spring Orientation

I want to re-install the stock springs on my 2001 Civic Coupe before selling it. (The Eibachs will then be sold on E-bay.)
The front springs are marked with a RED mark on one end and a WHITE mark on
the other, but I can't remember which end goes up/down when installed over the strut. There is a rubber 'insulator' on the end of each spring, but it's on the RED end of one and the WHITE end of the other so they are no help.
Any ideas as to the correct orientation of these springs ? Does it matter ?