2001 Accord EX (4-cyl) is at 102k miles - Shows SIX trouble codes!! Yikes!

Hi Folks. My 2001 Accord EX (4-cyl) is at 102,000 miles and throwing all of these codes...
P0141 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2)
Heater Circuit Malfunction
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
P0700 Automatic Transmission Control System
P1166 Air/Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Heater System Electrical Problem
P1298 Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage
P1768 ???
I don't even know what the last one is. Any ideas for where a novice should start? I'm out of work until my new job starts in about a month, and PA state inspection just around the corner. Also, I was part of the Sept 2002 auto transmission recall covering 1.2 million Honda and Accura models, did need and got a new trans for free, but the extended warranty on the news trans expired at 100k miles incase that is relevant.
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:53:10 -0700 (PDT), waynewright

I am no expert by any means but this sounds like the computer hiccupped. i would unhook battery to clear codes first.
On 3/13/09 1:53 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@c11g2000yqj.googlegroups.com,

Secondary heated oxygen sensor (this is the one that is just past the cat) is the thing that triggers the Catalyst efficiency alarm. Address the oxygen sensor and the catalyst one will probably go away.
The TCS code is unfortunately not related to the auto-trans recall. It means the transmission shift control computer has a problem. The recall had to do with internal clutches failing.
As another poster suggested, this many codes all at once sounds like something scared the computer. Reset & see which one(s) come back then proceed accordingly. To reset, find the radio backup fuse (7.5 amp, usually in the under hood fuse box), and pull it for 10 seconds, or disconnect the battery neg cable for at least that long. If the radio asks for its code, you had it disconnected long enough.
Thanks you two. The box I own to read the codes can reset them too, so I erased them all and the 'check engine' went off. I just drove for about 15 minutes and the engine light didn't come back on. However, I have a gut feeling that this one will come back since it was on for about a week...
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold
By the way, what should I be doing about P0420 when it comes back as I except it shall.
On 3/13/09 9:55 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@v39g2000yqm.googlegroups.com,

I would check the downstream O2 sensor first. If it checks out, then worry about the cat.

which engine? F23A1 or F23A4?
If non-ULEV you should be able to get both upstream and downstream sensors for about $130 +shipping (www.rockauto.com). I'd recommend Bosch planar type sensor, these designs are more resistant to contamination than the cheap heated thimble that's in there already. I'd stay away from Densos, these have cost Toyota, Honda and many owners to needlessly replace catalytic converters.
However, if you have the ULEV version, then the upstream sensor costs about $220! I think the OEM may be the NTK pump cell wide band sensor, which Bosch also reboxes, but not sure.
If the sensor is not working, then your car's ECU may not go into closed-loop operation. So try to solve these first.
http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/OxygenSensors/PlanarO2

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

thank you to our corporate sponsors. now back with the program.
bosch sensors may work in gm, frod, vw, etc., but they excite a lot of negative passion on honda groups because of poor performance and codes. they're not worth the cost saving.