2001 Accord Power Driver's Seat won't move when cold

Have any of you seen this problem? I have a 2001 Accord EX V6 with a power driver's seat. Most of the time the power seat works fine.

However, if the car has been sitting overnight and the outside temperature gets down to anywhere around freezing, the seat will not move forward or backward (the other movements -- up / down, changing the back angle -- work great).

Perhaps five or ten minutes after the car warms up inside, you can move forward and backward just like there was never a problem.

This doesn't sound like any big deal, except that I am six feet tall and my wife is 5' 4". If I have been driving the car the night before and she gets in, she can't reach the pedals!

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Don

Reply to
DJ