2001 Accord V6 headlight probs

I have run into quite an odd problem. The other day on my way home from work i realized my right headlight was out. When i got home i opened the hood and not wanting to believe the bulb i bought a few months ago was bad i jiggled the connection for the low beam lamp and poof, it came back on. So i went about my business, then the next day the same thing happned. So i figure same fix right?, wrong i eventually gave up and when i dropped the hood down it popped on. The next day leaving for work i started the car and turned the lights on and realizing i was gonna be a min i turned the lights off as to not have them shine into the house, when i went to leave and turn the lights on nothing came on . . .so i went to the tried and true method of jiggling wires to no avail, i flicked the high beams on, and then off and then the right low beam stayed on? odd but i was in a rush so i left. NOW the right light seems to be ok but i cannot get the right headlight to come up. Is there something i shold be looking for, fuses, relay's or some switch that may be bad or shorting out? the wiring near the bulbs looks ok, not frayed or exposed at all. Or should i just take it to a mechanic and pay them to diagnose this problem? So my high beams work perfect but i'm a little iffy about the right low beam and the left low beam has not worked for a week.

P.S. the few times jiggling wires seemed to work and while trying to create the problem to see if it would short again i heard a faint electrical arc noice, not a pop no burning smell from a black plastic box near the firewall, similiar looking to a fuse box with what appear to be fuses inside.

Thanks for any help all, Bill S.

Reply to
WTSprague

Maybe the bulb contacts need a little massage therapy?

Reply to
Alan

never thought of that, gonna have to look at that come daybreak, Thanks

Reply to
WTSprague