2001 civic 105k maintenance

I've scheduled to have my timing belt changed, along with the water pump, seals, hoses,belts that are involved. Do you think a transmission should be
flushed or just get an oil change? I've heard conflicting info on the question.
mike

I think you should follow the factory maintenance procedure on something like a transmission.
If it's an automatic transmission, I shy away from flushes. I have a Honda for which the factory procedure involves draining and refilling the thing four times in succession, driving around a bit in between to cycle the new oil in. This gets a good bit of the old oil out.
I have a Lexus that some corner gas station did a couple of transmission flushes in; 10K miles later, the entire transmission needed rebuilt. The previous owner did all this, and I inherited (quite literally) the problem. That's why I shy away from flushes.
It seems to me that modern automatic transmissions are incredibly complex, perhaps too much so, and that shade-tree mechanic concepts don't apply.