2001 Civic: SRS light inconsistent

The SRS light on my dash comes on and turns off at various intervals as I drive. I tried the two-wire reset trick, but that did not work. It seems to
turn on/off whenever I accelerate or decelerate quickly. Any clues? Wiring, or sensors a little loose?
Thanks,
--
"Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate and
captain of your soul."

What's on the passenger seat when this is happening?
I just got a recall notice for this problem on my wife's 2001 Accord.
Al