2001 CRV Rear Window latch

Hello

I have a 2001 CRV and lately I have had problems latching the rear window to the tail gate door when closing all.

Is there an easy fix for this? Oil something? Align something?

I go to pull down (close the window) and is seems to want to softly bounce back up and not latch.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks all

Reply to
LUKE J

--------------------------------

Start by spraying the latch with some silicone lube which will help clean out any crud that may have accumulated, then 'exercise' it several times to work the lube in / crud out. Spray it again and if it works better pick up some white lithium grease. It is the recommended lube. Don't use anything dino-based or you will accumulate crud.

You could also use Lock-Ease as you final lube, since it's so good for the door and ignition locks. I do all five locks on each of our Hondas yearly. It's messy so you have to wipe the key the first few times you use each lock. The skinny tube that comes with the can needs to be stuck about 1" into the tumblers. I use a small screwdriver to hold the dust door open.

Here ya go:

It's even CR-V specific. 'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_